Saturday 27 June 2020

A Little Renovation...


Living through a home renovation is like living in the wild...
You do whatever it takes to survive. Anon.
I have been quiet because for the past 18 months or so we have been deep in house renovations & my middle son's family are about to land on us so we are in the final throes.

Our house was never actually finished.  The man broke his back before that happened & so there are many things we never had as a family, like a really decent lounge.

First the lounge room floor was sanded back & polished professionally.

Then there was the choosing....
I knew I wanted something really, really comfortable, not necessarily stylish & I knew I wanted it to curve round so it would be good for bible studies & family gatherings. 
                       It arrived put together & just needed sliding into place.
In summer we will swing it all round so we are looking out the windows @ our                                                          wonderful view!
The coffee table & fire guard were added later though the fire guard is mainly for the grandkids
It is the only room that is more or less finished.
The floorers arrive next week to do the rest of the downstairs floors.
That means I can start moving the furniture into the downstairs rooms. At present nearly everything is sitting in storage.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Little Renovation...

Living through a home renovation is like living in the wild... You do whatever it takes to survive. Anon. I have been quiet because for...